Hello everyone! Happy New Year! With these dreary winter months I have been trying to incorporate some bright summer colors into my wardrobe. Here is a free, extremely easy, quick, and cute crochet pattern! It goes with everything and adds just a little more detail without sacrificing comfort in anyway. So, to the pattern!
Cotton Weaving Yarn: My mom has a TON of this stuff from her art collage days, it is so good to craft with. I picked 4 colors that I liked the look of.... I think embroidery floss or any kind of thin yarn would work well if you don't have any of this.
Size 2.50mm crochet hook
1. Chose your color for the tapered ends
2. Chain 6
3. Turn, half double crochet into 2nd chain from hook, half double to end of chain (You should have 5 hdc)
4. Turn, chain 2, half double crochet across
5. Turn, chain 2, and half double 2 together, half double 1, half double 2 together
6. Turn, chain 2, half double across (You should have 3 hdc)
7. Turn, chain 2, half double 3 together
8. Tie off, leaving a longish tail.
1. Choose your first color
2. Slip stitch to first chain of your just finished tapered end, chain 1
3. Half double across (You should have 5 hdc)
4. Turn, chain 2, half double across
5. Repeat step 4 until your desired length, saving room for the end, about a half inch, changing colors as often or as little as you would like
The Second End
1. Change color to be the same as the first color used.
2. Slip stitch, chain 1, half double crochet across
3. Turn, chain 2, half double crochet across
4. Turn, chain 2, and half double 2 together, half double 1, half double 2 together
5. Turn, chain 2, half double across (You should have 3 hdc)
6. Turn, chain 2, half double 3 together
7. Tie off, leaving a longish tail.
1. Lie the two end strands over top each other
2. Cut another piece of yarn (You will use this to create the "pull" clasp)
3. Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0SqmQNV2yU
4. Do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyg79qMyMIA
5. And finish it off by tying a knot and trimming the strands!
Any questions please feel free to ask me in the comments below! :)
This is a free pattern, but please do not repost it as your own. You may make and sell this product, but please mention that you found it here. Pictures taken and owned by me.